Place:


Killadoon  County Kildare

 

In 1837, Samuel Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of Ireland described Killadoon like this:

KILLADOON, a parish, in the barony of NORTH SALT, county of KILDARE, and province of LEINSTER, 1 ½ mile (S. W.) from Celbridge, on the road from that place to Clane; containing 426 inhabitants. It is bounded on the south and east by the river Liffey, and comprises the mansion and park of Killadoon, the handsome seat of the Earl of Leitrim. It is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Dublin, forming part of the union of Celbridge; the tithes amount to £100. In the R. C. divisions it also forms part of the union or district of Celbridge.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Killadoon, in and County Kildare | Map and description, A Vision of Ireland through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofireland.org/place/28977

Date accessed: 21st April 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Ireland through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Killadoon".