Place:


Ballycor  County Antrim

 

In 1837, Samuel Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of Ireland described Ballycor like this:

BALLYCOR, a parish, in the barony of UPPER ANTRIM, county of ANTRIM, and province of ULSTER, 1 mile (N. by E.) from Ballyclare: the population is returned with the parish of Ballyeaston. This parish, which is situated on the road from Broughshane to Larne, and is bounded on the north and east by the Six-mile-water, comprises 7330 statute acres, according to the Ordnance survey. ...


It is a rectory, in the diocese of Connor, and is partly one of the five parishes which constitute the union and corps of the prebend of Carncastle in the cathedral of Connor, and partly one of the two which form the perpetual curacy of Ballyeaston.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ballycor, in and County Antrim | Map and description, A Vision of Ireland through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofireland.org/place/28312

Date accessed: 21st April 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Ireland through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Ballycor".