Place:


Llangwnnadl  Caernarvonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llangwnnadl like this:

LLANGWNADLE, a parish in Pwllheli district, Carnarvon; in the Lleyn peninsula, 12 miles WSW of Pwllheli r. station, and SW by S of Nevin. Post town, Pwllheli. Acres, 1,243. Real propertv, £994. Pop., 272. Houses, 61. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Bangor. Value, £50. Patron, the Rev. G. A. Salusbury. The church is dedicated to St. Gwynodl; is a fine tripleaisled edifice; and contains a good sculptured font. Char. ities, £8.

Llangwnnadl through time

Llangwnnadl is now part of Gwynedd district. Click here for graphs and data of how Gwynedd has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llangwnnadl itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llangwnnadl, in Gwynedd and Caernarvonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8302

Date accessed: 19th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llangwnnadl ".