Llanrhian  Pembrokeshire


In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanrhian like this:

LLANRIAN, a parish in Haverfordwest district, Pembroke; on the coast, 6½ miles NE of St. David's, and 14 NW of Haverfordwest r. station. It contains the large village of Trevine, which has a post office under Haverfordwest. Acres, 3,683. Real property, £4,165; of which £69 are in quarries. ...

Pop. in 1851,1,178; in 1861,1,017. Houses, 249. The property is much subdivided. A grange or palace of the Bishops of St. David,s was at Trevine; and a vault of it still exists. A cromlech comprising a cap-stone 16 feet long, on supporters, 5½ feet high, is on the farm of Longhouse. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St. David's. Value, £105. Patron, the Bishop of St. David's. The church is dedicated to St. Rheanus, and is good.

Llanrhian through time

Llanrhian is now part of Pembrokeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Pembrokeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llanrhian itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanrhian in Pembrokeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.


Date accessed: 19th October 2021

Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llanrhian ".