Place:


Llanfaelrhys  Caernarvonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanfaelrhys like this:

LLANFAELRHYS, a parish, with a village, in Pwllheli district, Carnarvon; at the extremity of the Lleyn peninsula, under Mynydd-Rhiw, adjacent to Hell's Mouth bay, 12 miles SW by W of Pwllheli, and 27 SW of Nantlle r. station. Post town, Aberdaron, under Pwllheli. Acres, 1,679. Real property, £1,075. Pop., 208. Houses, 40. There are manganese mines. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Aberdaron, in the diocese of Bangor. The church is dedicated to St. Maelrhys. Charities, £14.

Llanfaelrhys through time

Llanfaelrhys is now part of Gwynedd district. Click here for graphs and data of how Gwynedd has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llanfaelrhys itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanfaelrhys, in Gwynedd and Caernarvonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12283

Date accessed: 19th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llanfaelrhys ".